At A Glance
For us, early childhood is the time not for competitiveness but for self discovery and developing curiosity, confidence and a love of learning.
- Ofsted registered for:
- up to 20 children per day
- 2-5 years old
- Helen Reeve - MA in Early Childhood, PGDip Psychoanalytic Observational Studies, Early Years Teacher Status, BSc Psychology, RIE Foundations, RIE Practicum Student
Hannah Reeve - BSc Health Sciences, Public Health Cert, Dip in Promoting Public Health
Kate Lavender - Qualified Teacher (Primary & Early Years), BA Food Technology & Media
- 3 postgraduates, 2 graduates, 1 Steiner practitioner, 1 bushcraft/forest school leader, 1 student
- Adult/Child Ratios:
- 1:4 (2 year olds), 1:6 (3-5 year olds)
- Specialist Resources:
- Tool use, fire making, outdoor cooking, den building, yoga, music and movement
- Other Sessions:
- Toddler Wild Play, Nurture Babies*
- Our Play Space:
- Young spruce and conifer, oak, silver birch, holly, hazel, open green space, ‘the house’ (log cabin) complete with wood burning stove
- Graduates Attend:
- Grimley, Hallow, Great Witley, Suckley, Northwick primary schools
- Community Events:
- Family shared breakfast, gather in the garden, festival of lights, winter spiral
- Universal (15 hours):
- Extended (+15 hours):
- 2 Year Old (15 hours):
- Priority is given to those children who have had other siblings attend NOK previously, and children requiring a full time place. Admissions are dependent on parental support of the Kindergarten’s mission and philosophy, and full disclosure by the parent of any medical conditions or additional needs.
- Member of the Progressive Education Network
Member of the Pikler Association
RIE (Resources for Infant Educarers
Member of the Wild Network
- *coming soon
- **What does Nursery Education Funding Entitlement mean?
- Worcestershire County Council provides free early education places for all three and four year old and eligible two year old children within Worcestershire. All 3 & 4 year olds are able to access the universal funding entitlement of 15 hours free childcare per week for 38 weeks of the year, or stretched to 12 hours per week for 47.5 weeks of the year at NOK. Eligible families are also entitled to the extended funding entitlement of an additional 15 hours per week for 38 weeks of the year, or an additional 12 hours per week for 47.5 weeks of the year at NOK. Please see our funding page for details.